Signs of Child Abuse
Signs of child abuse can be subtle, and in many cases, nonexistent. Changes in your child’s routine or new unexplained behaviors are worth a second look.
What to look for:
- Unexplained injuries
- Changes in behavior
- Returning to earlier behaviors
- Fear of certain places or people
- Changes in eating
- Changes to sleeping
- Changes in school performance or attendance
- Lack of personal care in hygiene
- Risk-taking behaviors
- Inappropriate sexual behaviors
Report suspected child abuse in Texas.
Statewide intake is available 24/7: 1-800-252-5400 or www.txabusehotline.org.